DuPont Healthcare Products Help Advance Better Healthcare
From non-porous durable surfaces that help create safer healthcare environments to packaging materials that help maintain the sterility of medical devices and supplies, DuPont products are helping to advance better healthcare.
At DuPont, the Science of Protection has evolved over two centuries. We have put that science to work to develop a broad range of healthcare products and high-performance materials that are helping to advance better healthcare and improve the lives of people around the world. So whether you are looking for healthcare products that offer a better way to help protect against the spread of infection in healthcare facilities, need advanced materials to help in the development of an innovative medical device or want a medical fabric that helps keep healthcare professionals protected and comfortable in the operating room, look to DuPont.
Information & Ideas
- Tyvek® vs. Medical-Grade Papers
- Proven Microbial Barrier Protection
- Tyvek® Plays Role in HAI Prevention
- Sustainability in Healthcare Packaging
- Medical Packaging Design Essentials
- Start Sterile, Stay Sterile
Tyvek® Retains Sterility after Aging
After terminal sterilization, Tyvek® can maintain the sterility of medical devices for at least five years, enhancing the sustainability of a medical product because it can be stored for long periods with no need to re-sterilize or re-package.
- Low Lint Means Reduced Risk
- Low Risk of Device Contamination
Meeting Regulatory Requirements
DuPont™ Tyvek® medical and pharmaceutical packaging styles comply with the materials portion of ISO 11607-1:2006(R)2010 and meet all the acceptable performance criteria for bio-compatibility and other regulatory requirements.
- Measuring Properties of Tyvek®
- Tyvek® Resists Punctures
Uses and Applications
- Lidstock for Thermoformed Trays
- Medical Device Materials
- Protective, Clean Peel Pouches
- Tyvek® Roll Stock for Form-Fill-Seal
- Custom Medical Packaging Solutions
- Tyvek® for Steam Sterilizable Bags
- Syringe Packaging with Tyvek®
- Corian® for Interior Wall Surfaces
- Cable Insulation and Jacketing
- Tyvek® for Header Bags