Building & Construction Products
At DuPont, we’re focused on dynamic science that generates real-world solutions for the Building & Construction Industries.
That’s why DuPont is at the forefront of building science, with brands you depend on, like Tyvek®, SentryGlas®, Corian® solid surfaces, Zodiaq® quartz surfaces and KEVLAR®. DuPont is showing up for work at residential and commercial job sites around the globe. We're meeting the challenges of discovering and developing the innovative solutions you need in a changing world.
Information & Ideas
Growth in the Middle East Cement Industry Triggers Increased Operational Risk
From boiler blasts to explosions, the risks facing the cement industry are multiple. Companies in this sector cannot simply rely on “not doing the wrong thing” to avoid accidents and repeats. They need to put proactive measures and systems in place to prevent recurrences. Learn more.
Durability and Lifecycle of DuPont™ Nomex®
Durable, inherently fire-resistant Nomex® fiber has an excellent wear life and helps contribute to bottom-line savings.
Durability and Lifecycle of DuPont™ Protera®
The superior lifecycle of DuPont™ Protera®, as well as its thermal-resistant protection and ease of maintenance, sets it apart from FR-treated fabrics. See how Protera® compares.
Comfort & Heat Stress
For maximum protection against fires, the body must be covered as completely as possible with flame-resistant protective clothing. This requires long pants and long sleeves, making for hot work in warm and humid climates. Understandably, industrial workers may be concerned about potential heat stress when wearing protective apparel. Learn more about the factors that can lead to heat stress, and how DuPont brands can help offer comfort and protection in protective garments.
Thermal Regulations Overview
DuPont offers an overview of the typical regulation hazard codes and the leading thermal regulations impacting personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Corian® Ideas for Your Next Design
Nomex® for Performance Durability
Garments made of Nomex® fibre have helped protect firefighters for decades. Continuous exhaustive testing proves that they excel in the long-term retention of their heat and flame protective qualities.
Nomex® for Lower Wear-Life Cost
Today’s firefighters need to be able to optimise budget vs. performance, without compromising on safety. For decades DuPont™ Nomex® fibre has demonstrated lasting protective performance, while helping to minimise repair and maintenance costs.
Nomex® for Heat Stress Protection
Heat stress is a dangerous condition in any situation, but for firefighters it can be especially life threatening. In fact, heat stress is the number-one cause of casualties among firefighters. Nomex® fibre helps reduce heat stress due to its higher air permeability.
- The Corian® Quality Network Now In India
New Kevlar® Plant at Cooper River
The new plant near Charleston, South Carolina, together with our other global assets, helps DuPont meet strong and growing global demand for Kevlar®.
- India Kitchen and cabinetry show 2015
- Modern Interior Design Using Corian®
- Marks & Spencer Café, London
- Corian® for Healthcare Design
- DuPont™ Corian® for Office Space
- Corian® in Kitchen Countertops
- Corian® Translucence Surfaces
- Corian® Futuristic Space Design
- Corian® Wall Panels For Cladding
- DuPont™ Corian® at Mumbai International Airport
- DuPont™ Corian® at new DSCI, Hyderabad office
- Innovative Food Services Counter
- Redesigning Corian® Scrap
Uses and Applications
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Marine Composites
- Corian® for Exterior Cladding
- Corian® for Art Objects and Home Objects
- Corian® for Public Spaces
- Corian® DeepColour™ Technology
- Corian® for Residential Design
- Corian® for Interior Wall Surfaces
- Corian® for Retail Design
- Corian® for Bathroom Countertops
- Corian® for Kitchen Countertops
- Flame Resistant Clothing