Building & Construction Products
At DuPont, we’re focused on dynamic science that generates real-world solutions for the Building & Construction Industries.
That’s why DuPont is at the forefront of building science, with brands you depend on, like Tyvek®, SentryGlas®, Corian® solid surfaces, Zodiaq® quartz surfaces and KEVLAR®. DuPont is showing up for work at residential and commercial job sites around the globe. We're meeting the challenges of discovering and developing the innovative solutions you need in a changing world.
Information & Ideas
New Kevlar® Plant at Cooper River
The new plant near Charleston, South Carolina, together with our other global assets, helps DuPont meet strong and growing global demand for Kevlar®.
Growth in the Middle East Cement Industry Triggers Increased Operational Risk
From boiler blasts to explosions, the risks facing the cement industry are multiple. Companies in this sector cannot simply rely on “not doing the wrong thing” to avoid accidents and repeats. They need to put proactive measures and systems in place to prevent recurrences. Learn more.
- Corian® Ideas for Your Next Design
- Corian® Design Studios
- An Environmentally Friendly Choice
Nomex® for Performance Durability
Garments made of Nomex® fibre have helped protect firefighters for decades. Continuous exhaustive testing proves that they excel in the long-term retention of their heat and flame protective qualities.
Nomex® for Lower Wear-Life Cost
Today’s firefighters need to be able to optimise budget vs. performance, without compromising on safety. For decades DuPont™ Nomex® fibre has demonstrated lasting protective performance, while helping to minimise repair and maintenance costs.
Nomex® for Heat Stress Protection
Heat stress is a dangerous condition in any situation, but for firefighters it can be especially life threatening. In fact, heat stress is the number-one cause of casualties among firefighters. Nomex® fibre helps reduce heat stress due to its higher air permeability.
- The Corian® Quality Network Now In India
- India Kitchen and cabinetry show 2015
Comfort & Heat Stress
For maximum protection against fires, the body must be covered as completely as possible with flame-resistant protective clothing. This requires long pants and long sleeves, making for hot work in warm and humid climates. Understandably, industrial workers may be concerned about potential heat stress when wearing protective apparel. Learn more about the factors that can lead to heat stress, and how DuPont brands can help offer comfort and protection in protective garments.
Durability and Lifecycle of DuPont™ Protera®
The superior lifecycle of DuPont™ Protera®, as well as its thermal-resistant protection and ease of maintenance, sets it apart from FR-treated fabrics. See how Protera® compares.
- Merck protecting staff with new DuPont™ Tychem® 6000 F FaceSeal chemical protective garment
- Modern Interior Design Using Corian®
- Brørup Sparekasse Changes Skin
- Hospital Walls at Bozeman Deaconess Hospital
- The CP Group Salon in Italy
- The European Investment Bank
- Corian® Translucence Surfaces
- Corian® for Signages
- Corian® Futuristic Space Design
- Corian® for Home Design
- Corian® for Wall Cladding Solutions
- Corian® for Backlighting
Uses and Applications
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Corian® for Exterior Cladding
- Corian® for Art Objects and Home Objects
- Corian® for Interior Wall Surfaces
- Corian® for Public Spaces
- Corian® for Bathroom Countertops
- Corian® for Kitchen Countertops
- Corian® for Retail Design
- Corian® for Residential Design
- Corian® DeepColour™ Technology
- Flame Resistant Clothing
- Cable Insulation and Jacketing