Protect Your Greatest Assets with Personal Protective Equipment
Performing hazardous jobs comes with high levels of uncertainty.
From volatile chemicals to hostile enemies, the brave people who work in these high-stress fields rely on innovative personal protective equipment solutions from DuPont.
The world is changing rapidly. As more nations become industrialized and prosper, they develop a greater need for personal protective equipment. From first responders to industrial workers to warfighters, DuPont provides science-based solutions to address this need for protection.
We understand that those who do the dirty work aren’t made of stone, and we’re committed to providing solutions for keeping them as safe as possible from on-the-job hazards. Our personal protective equipment (PPE) solutions include some of the most trusted brands in the industry: Kevlar® aramid fiber for ballistic vehicle armor and cut and abrasion protection, Nomex® fiber for flame hazards, Tychem® garments for liquid and gas chemical hazards, and Tyvek® garments for dry particulate hazards. By collaborating with industries, communities, and governments, we can engineer and offer the latest personal protective equipment solutions that can help keep workers safe while they continue changing and improving the world.
Uses and Applications
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Turnout Gear – The First Line of Defence
- Oil and Gas Personal Protective Equipment
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Protective Apparel for Pharmaceutical Industry
- Flame Resistant Clothing
- Chemical and Biological Hazard Protection
- Nomex® Arc Flash Protection
- Personal Protection in the Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
- Chemical Protection for Military and Police
- Bodyshop - Personal Protective Equipment
- Nomex® With High-Visibility Properties
DuPont™ Nomex® Partner Program Highlights Innovation at A+A
Within the framework of the Nomex® Partner Program, DuPont invited participating manufacturers to take part in the DuPont™ Nomex® Partner Garment Innovation Highlights, offering them a unique opportunity to present their latest innovations on the DuPont stand at A+A.
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks off 50th Anniversary
- DuPont Announces Millionth Vest Made with DuPont™ Kevlar® XP™
U.S. Federal Court Issues Order for Kolon to Cease Manufacture of Heracron® Aramid Fiber for 20 Years
DuPont issued a statement after a ruling by the U.S. Federal Court in Richmond, Va., ordering Kolon Industries to stop producing and selling their Heracron® aramid fiber.
Information & Ideas
- Cut Standards for Protective Gloves
- Gloves made of Kevlar® Q&A
- DuPont Launches Kevlar® and Tychem® Hand Protection Portfolio of Glove and Sleeve Solutions in the Indian Market
New Kevlar® Plant at Cooper River
The new plant near Charleston, South Carolina, together with our other global assets, helps DuPont meet strong and growing global demand for Kevlar®.
- CNN profiles Nomex® and a Formula I racing suit
Advantages of DuPont™ Tyvek® for the pharmaceutical industry
DuPont protective garments provide reliable protection of workers as well as sensitive pharmaceutical processes and products, based on scientific expertise in people protection and unique properties of the lightweight and durable Tyvek® fabric.
Safety & Protection
In the face of growing global industrialization, DuPont takes safety and protection seriously. Learn how DuPont continues to improve upon its materials and workplace safety performance to help keep all of us safe in the toughest conditions.