Long-Term Outdoor Exposure is the Ultimate Test for Selecting the Right Backsheet
Using DuPont™ Tedlar® PVF film in your PV module’s backsheet will help position your PV module brand as high quality and reliable.
Not all backsheets are created equal. In order to protect a module for 25 years, the backsheet must have three critical properties: weatherability, mechanical strength and adhesion; however, the most important thing is the optimal balance of these three properties.
Tedlar® PVF film-based backsheet is the industry standard for backsheets
Tedlar® PVF film-based backsheet designs have now been in the field for more than 30 years in all kinds of climates (such as desert, tropical, seashore and mountain) and continue to provide critical, long-life protection to the module, safeguarding the system and enabling long-term PV system returns. Tedlar® PVF film offers the optimal balance of properties for weatherability, adhesion and mechanical strength—properties that are required for long module lifetime.
DuPont offers Tedlar® PVF film for two types of backsheet constructions. Both types of backsheet constructions are commercially available and are currently being used in solar PV modules throughout the world. Each type delivers the high performance properties and standards that Tedlar® is known for throughout the industry.
- Advanced Materials Help Turn Rocky Road into Smooth Path Forward at Solar Park in France
- Sacramento Electrical Power Utility Makes Solar History
- China Power Investment Opts for High-Quality, Field-Proven Materials from DuPont
- Chinese Forest Protected Against Fire by Off-Grid, Solar Powered Monitoring
- Unique Turkish Solar Plant Chooses Durable Backsheets made with Tedlar® PVF Film
- DuPont and TSEC Collaborate on New High-efficiency Solar Panels
- Yingli Solar’s Largest Project Is Powered by California Sunshine
Information & Ideas
- Adopting New Testing Standards to Avoid Backsheet Failures
- Mitigating Strategies for Hot Spots in Crystalline Silicon Solar Panels
- Lower Power Loss for Panels with Tedlar® Film-Based Backsheets vs. Glass/Glass Panels
- DuPont Highlights Solar Innovations, Shares Expertise at 2017 SNEC PV Power Expo
- PV Industry Should Learn from History and Jointly Promote Sustainable Growth
- In the Race for Cost Reduction, Are You Thinking About Long Term Performance of Your PV Projects?
- Selection of Materials Critical for Reliable Performance of Solar Panels
- Innovating With Urgency — Download New Brochure
- INTERACTIVE: What Makes Up a Solar Panel?
- Download Exclusive PV Content from Intersolar 2016
- DuPont Highlights Solar Innovations, Shares Expertise at 2016 SNEC PV Power Expo
- EPIA WEBINAR: Quality Assurance for Rooftop Solar Systems