Proven Engineering Thermoplastics for Your Toughest Challenges
DuPont thermoplastics offer high-quality performance materials, backed by a skilled global team focused on collaborative application development.
DuPont is working with customers to make thermoplastics better. From better products and processes to better business and social outcomes, DuPont performance materials and applications resources are focused on making things better at every point in the value chain.
Whether the challenge is durability, stiffness, workability, finish or strength, our broad range of thermoplastics support design freedom, without sacrificing performance. And our application resources are equally mindful of performance, timing and cost-effectiveness with each project, in industries from automotive to electronics, consumer goods to industrial markets.
Wherever you have engineering, molding or manufacturing operations, DuPont is ready to help, with locally based technical support in 65 countries and production/compounding sites strategically placed in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
Uses and Applications
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Medical Device Materials
- Cable Insulation and Jacketing
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- Oil Pan and Cylinder Head Cover Gaskets
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Plastics For Sporting Goods
- Polymers for Oil and Gas
- Electrical & Electronic Plastics
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Headlight bezels made from Crastin®
- Zytel® HTN for Electronic Devices
- Durable Rail Pads for Freight Lines
Hub Bushings For Copiers
Hub bushings designed using DuPont™ Vespel® and Minlon® keep copiers running smoothly.
- Office Seating Uses Flexible Plastic
- High Flex Cable for Bridges
- Cost-effective photovoltaic junction box housings
- Protecting Drivers With Zytel® RS
- Lighter Engine Cover Components
Information & Ideas
- Environmental Communication
- Vehicle Weight Reduction
Buy Vespel® Custom Parts & Stock Shapes
For Vespel® Custom Parts, DuPont engineers work with part designers to customize the production method and material for desired end-use results. DuPont engineers may recommend fabricating a finished part from Authentic Vespel® stock shapes for prototypes, small quantities or complex geometries.
- Crastin® Hydrolysis Resistant Grades
- Committed to Sustainable Mobility
Processing Guide for Zytel® HTN Family of Resins
Molding guide for Zytel® HTN family of resins, which are based on similar, but structurally different semicrystalline, partially aromatic polyamide copolymers.
- Trends in Photovoltaic Production
- Solar Junction Box Materials
- Delrin® in Solar Tracker Bearings
Low Friction Plastic
Low friction plastic applications developed in collaboration with DuPont experts can help improve durability and performance, reduce maintenance, and can even contribute to reduced use of fossil fuels.
Plastic Design Solutions
Examples of innovative plastic design solutions created by DuPont, in collaboration with customers worldwide.
Crastin® SF resins are tailored to reduce your molding cycle time with superior flow properties that enable filling of the mold at lower melt temperatures.