Proven Engineering Thermoplastics for Your Toughest Challenges
DuPont thermoplastics offer high-quality performance materials, backed by a skilled global team focused on collaborative application development.
DuPont is working with customers to make thermoplastics better. From better products and processes to better business and social outcomes, DuPont performance materials and applications resources are focused on making things better at every point in the value chain.
Whether the challenge is durability, stiffness, workability, finish or strength, our broad range of thermoplastics support design freedom, without sacrificing performance. And our application resources are equally mindful of performance, timing and cost-effectiveness with each project, in industries from automotive to electronics, consumer goods to industrial markets.
Wherever you have engineering, molding or manufacturing operations, DuPont is ready to help, with locally based technical support in 65 countries and production/compounding sites strategically placed in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
Uses and Applications
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Medical Device Materials
- Oil Pan and Cylinder Head Cover Gaskets
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- Cable Insulation and Jacketing
- Innovative Furniture Design
- Mechanical Gears
- Railway Technology for the Long Haul
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Headlight bezels made from Crastin®
- Protecting Drivers With Zytel® RS
- Lighter Engine Cover Components
- Polymers for Better Injection Devices
- Zytel® HTN for Electronic Devices
- High Flex Cable for Bridges
- Durable Rail Pads for Freight Lines
- Cost-effective photovoltaic junction box housings
- Office Seating Uses Flexible Plastic
Information & Ideas
Buy Vespel® Custom Parts & Stock Shapes
For Vespel® Custom Parts, DuPont engineers work with part designers to customize the production method and material for desired end-use results. DuPont engineers may recommend fabricating a finished part from Authentic Vespel® stock shapes for prototypes, small quantities or complex geometries.
- Committed to Sustainable Mobility
Processing Guide for Zytel® HTN Family of Resins
Molding guide for Zytel® HTN family of resins, which are based on similar, but structurally different semicrystalline, partially aromatic polyamide copolymers.
Powerplant Coolant Systems
PPA materials offer great resistance to hydrolysis and moisture and they are relied upon for cost effective applications such as water inlets/outlets, thermostat housings, water pumps and impellers
- Trends in Photovoltaic Production
PA long chain nylon alternatives
DuPont has been working on PA12 alternatives and has established global development and supply teams to work with customers to quickly qualify alternative materials for use in many automotive and industrial components.
- Solar Junction Box Materials
Latest grades of Delrin® acetal
Find out about the latest grades of Delrin® acetal resin with properties tailored for emerging market and application needs. Current features include low emission homopolymer grades and medium-high viscosity acetals.
- Delrin® in Solar Tracker Bearings
- Plastic Design
- Polymer Technology
Low-Friction Mechanical Plastics
DuPont™ Vespel® parts and shapes and DuPont™ Delrin® acetal resin are high-strength, low-friction mechanical plastics that deliver performance for automotive, consumer, and industrial applications.