Collaborative Solutions From DuPont Performance Polymers
DuPont is a leader in thermoplastics, elastomers, finished parts and biopolymers, combining groundbreaking material science with global access.
At DuPont Performance Polymers, we are working with customers to make things better. From products and processes that work better to innovations that help make business and society better.
We tackle big challenges where performance really matters, including finding renewable polymer feedstocks sourced from non-food biomass and other means to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. Our work supports more sustainable mobility, through automotive fuel efficiency, improved production in manufacturing operations, robust connections for personal communications as well as progressive design in healthcare and furnishings.
As the company that invented Nylon, Neoprene, and Kevlar®, DuPont has a deep commitment to research and development that continues today. DuPont is a global collaborator acting locally, with technical support focused in 65 countries, and manufacturing facilities strategically placed across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- Materials for Vehicle Lighting Systems
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- CVJ Boots of Hytrel® TPC-ET
Ball Transfer Units For Panel Makers
ISB and the DuPont™ Vespel® team collaborated to create high-performance ball transfer units for cleanroom environments essential to flat-panel display and solar panel assembly.
- Lighter Engine Cover Components
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Automotive Sustainable Fibers
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Vespel® SP-21 Thrust Washers
- Vespel® CR-6100 Boiler Pumps
Sealing Collaboration Pays Dividends in Chamber Cleaning
Chamber cleaning with NF3 / O2 plasma increased maintenance at Spansion due to seal erosion. Kalrez® 9100 parts improved productivity and reduced cost-of-ownership. Kalrez® 9100 parts were successfully qualified in both thin films and dry etch tools.
- Pharmaceutical Seals for CIP and SIP
Information & Ideas
- Vehicle Safety Solutions
- X-Ray and Metal Detectable Plastic Resins
PA long chain nylon alternatives
DuPont has been working on PA12 alternatives and has established global development and supply teams to work with customers to quickly qualify alternative materials for use in many automotive and industrial components.
- Delrin® in Solar Tracker Bearings
- Acetal Gears Demonstrate Drivetrain Performance
- Electrical Insulation Systems
- Solar Junction Box Materials
- Trends in Photovoltaic Production
Delrin® 100 Series
Delrin® properties of the Delrin® 100 series make it the premier resin of choice in the most demanding applications where the ultimate in toughness combined with high strength, creep and fatigue resistance are required.
DuPont Plastic Design Guide
From material selection to tolerances, the Plastic Design Guide details 10 top tips for effective design, efficient production, and successful products.
- Automotive Thermal Management
Powerplant Coolant Systems
PPA materials offer great resistance to hydrolysis and moisture and they are relied upon for cost effective applications such as water inlets/outlets, thermostat housings, water pumps and impellers
Uses and Applications
- Medical Device Materials
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Kalrez® Seals for Semiconductor Processing
- Vespel® in Automotive Parts
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- Polymers for Oil and Gas
- Oil Pan and Cylinder Head Cover Gaskets
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings