Collaborative Solutions From DuPont Performance Polymers
DuPont is a leader in thermoplastics, elastomers, finished parts and biopolymers, combining groundbreaking material science with global access.
At DuPont Performance Polymers, we are working with customers to make things better. From products and processes that work better to innovations that help make business and society better.
We tackle big challenges where performance really matters, including finding renewable polymer feedstocks sourced from non-food biomass and other means to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. Our work supports more sustainable mobility, through automotive fuel efficiency, improved production in manufacturing operations, robust connections for personal communications as well as progressive design in healthcare and furnishings.
As the company that invented Nylon, Neoprene, and Kevlar®, DuPont has a deep commitment to research and development that continues today. DuPont is a global collaborator acting locally, with technical support focused in 65 countries, and manufacturing facilities strategically placed across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- Materials for Vehicle Lighting Systems
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- CVJ Boots of Hytrel® TPC-ET
Sealing Collaboration Pays Dividends in Chamber Cleaning
Chamber cleaning with NF3 / O2 plasma increased maintenance at Spansion due to seal erosion. Kalrez® 9100 parts improved productivity and reduced cost-of-ownership. Kalrez® 9100 parts were successfully qualified in both thin films and dry etch tools.
- Kalrez® parts in API Handling Processes
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Lighter Engine Cover Components
- Pharmaceutical Seals for CIP and SIP
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Vespel® CR-6100 Boiler Pumps
- Automotive Sustainable Fibers
- Vespel® SP-21 Thrust Washers
Information & Ideas
Buy Vespel® Custom Parts & Stock Shapes
For Vespel® Custom Parts, DuPont engineers work with part designers to customize the production method and material for desired end-use results. DuPont engineers may recommend fabricating a finished part from Authentic Vespel® stock shapes for prototypes, small quantities or complex geometries.
- EIS Selector Tool
- Kalrez® Parts Chemical Resistance
Viton®, Vamac® and Neoprene elastomers are made into compounds and finished parts that contain anywhere from 30 to 80% polymer by weight. When elastomer compounding is required, there is a combination of science and art needed to design compounds that meet the end use requirements in a cost effective manner. DuPont can help customers with formulation suggestions for all three elastomers.
Heat Resistant Plastics
DuPont offers a wide range of heat resistant plastics to replace metal, ceramics and other polymers in uses from automotive engines to oil and gas production.
- Polymer Properties Guide
- High Performance Polymers
- Kalrez® Composite Seals
- Flame Retardant Polymers
- Acetal Gears Demonstrate Drivetrain Performance
Plastic Design Solutions
Examples of innovative plastic design solutions created by DuPont, in collaboration with customers worldwide.
- CV Joint Boot Performance
Uses and Applications
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Medical Device Materials
- Vespel® in Automotive Parts
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Kalrez® Seals for Semiconductor Processing
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- High Pressure Seals
- Centrifugal Pump Parts