Collaborative Solutions From DuPont Performance Polymers
DuPont is a leader in thermoplastics, elastomers, finished parts and biopolymers, combining groundbreaking material science with global access.
At DuPont Performance Polymers, we are working with customers to make things better. From products and processes that work better to innovations that help make business and society better.
We tackle big challenges where performance really matters, including finding renewable polymer feedstocks sourced from non-food biomass and other means to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. Our work supports more sustainable mobility, through automotive fuel efficiency, improved production in manufacturing operations, robust connections for personal communications as well as progressive design in healthcare and furnishings.
As the company that invented Nylon, Neoprene, and Kevlar®, DuPont has a deep commitment to research and development that continues today. DuPont is a global collaborator acting locally, with technical support focused in 65 countries, and manufacturing facilities strategically placed across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- Materials for Vehicle Lighting Systems
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- CVJ Boots of Hytrel® TPC-ET
Sealing Collaboration Pays Dividends in Chamber Cleaning
Chamber cleaning with NF3 / O2 plasma increased maintenance at Spansion due to seal erosion. Kalrez® 9100 parts improved productivity and reduced cost-of-ownership. Kalrez® 9100 parts were successfully qualified in both thin films and dry etch tools.
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Lighter Engine Cover Components
- Pharmaceutical Seals for CIP and SIP
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Vespel® CR-6100 Boiler Pumps
- Automotive Sustainable Fibers
- Vespel® SP-21 Thrust Washers
Ball Transfer Units For Panel Makers
ISB and the DuPont™ Vespel® team collaborated to create high-performance ball transfer units for cleanroom environments essential to flat-panel display and solar panel assembly.
Information & Ideas
- Committed to Sustainable Mobility
Processing Guide for Zytel® HTN Family of Resins
Molding guide for Zytel® HTN family of resins, which are based on similar, but structurally different semicrystalline, partially aromatic polyamide copolymers.
Powerplant Coolant Systems
PPA materials offer great resistance to hydrolysis and moisture and they are relied upon for cost effective applications such as water inlets/outlets, thermostat housings, water pumps and impellers
- Trends in Photovoltaic Production
PA long chain nylon alternatives
DuPont has been working on PA12 alternatives and has established global development and supply teams to work with customers to quickly qualify alternative materials for use in many automotive and industrial components.
- Solar Junction Box Materials
Delrin® 100 Series
Delrin® properties of the Delrin® 100 series make it the premier resin of choice in the most demanding applications where the ultimate in toughness combined with high strength, creep and fatigue resistance are required.
- X-Ray and Metal Detectable Plastic Resins
Latest grades of Delrin® acetal
Find out about the latest grades of Delrin® acetal resin with properties tailored for emerging market and application needs. Current features include low emission homopolymer grades and medium-high viscosity acetals.
- Delrin® in Solar Tracker Bearings
- Vespel® SCP High Temperature Polyimide Parts
Processing Precautions for Mitsui AURUM® Resins
AURUM® thermoplastics polyimide resins are melt-processable and can be injection molded or extruded for conversion into parts and shapes. AURUM® resins containing PTFE and processed at high temperatures require AURUM® Processing Precautions.
Uses and Applications
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Medical Device Materials
- Vespel® in Automotive Parts
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Kalrez® Seals for Semiconductor Processing
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- High Pressure Seals
- Centrifugal Pump Parts