DuPont™ Tyvek® Classic Plus Coveralls – the Best of Both Worlds
DuPont™ Tyvek® Classic Plus garments (model CHA5a) combine the performance of a Type 4 coverall with the durability, protection and comfort of a Tyvek® suit.
Tyvek® Classic Plus is made of Tyvek®, but the coveralls offer the added benefit of protective design features and over-taped seams. They help provide an effective barrier against many water-based inorganic chemicals in low concentration, small sized hazardous particles and biological hazards. These coveralls are ideal for occupations that require effective whole suit protection offered by a Type 4 suit because they are exposed to heavy liquid aerosols or toxic airborne solid particulates. Yet, being robust and breathable they help offer an ideal balance of chemical, particulate protection and comfort.
Recent update: new packaging for an improved garment
Enhanced design for increased flexibility and comfort
- Improved garment fit: extra flexibility and freedom of movement
- New hood design: optimised to fit the contours of the face, ensuring fewer leakage points during head movement
- Larger zipper puller: much easier to grasp when wearing gloves.
- Certified to latest European Standards: including the Type 4 spray test, which is 3x more stringent than its predecessor
New packaging: Informative and educational
New name and model references: to reflect the product changes
FEATURES & INFORMATION
Tyvek® Classic Plus coverall
This coverall offers ideal protection in work environments where there is risk of liquid splashes as it is equipped with tight taped seams and a high protective barrier.
EXPLORE THE DETAILS:
Zip flap and chin flap
Tyvek® zip fastening and self adhesive zip flap and chin flap for increased protection
Self adhesive elasticated waistband provides a good fit
Shape of elasticated hood
especially designed for tight fit around full face respirator
Stitched and overtaped seams
offering equal barrier as the fabric
Stretch rubber thumb loop
attached to the end of the sleeves. It is to be pulled over the thumbs and ideally suited for overhead work and when extreme arm movements are required, so that it prevents the suit sleeve from riding up. For safety reasons, the use of thumb loops is only recommended when double gloves are worn.
Socks attached to the ankles (optional)
for wearing inside safety boots or shoes, with additional boot flap to ensure increased protection
Chemical Protective Coverall Category IIIClick for more
Type 4 – Protection against liquid aerosols
(Norm: EN 14605)
Type 4B – Biological protection
(Norm: EN 14126)
Type 5 – Protection against airborne solid particulate chemicals
(Norm: EN ISO 13982-1)
Type 6 – Limited protection against liquid mist
(Norm: EN 13034)
Electrostatic discharge if properly groundedelectrostatic
(Norm: EN 1149-5: 2008)
Protection against particulate radioactive contamination
(Norm: EN 1073-2)
Product Data Sheets (3)
Additional Information (21)
- CE Certificate Tyvek® Classic Plus (PDF)
- CE Certificate Tyvek® Classic Plus with Socks (PDF)
- CE Certificate Tyvek® Classic Plus green (PDF)
- DoC Tyvek® Classic Plus (PDF)
- DoC Tyvek® Classic Plus green (PDF)
- DoC Tyvek® Classic Plus with Socks (PDF)
- DuPont Personal Protection solutions (PDF)
- Permeation Guide (PDF)
- Protective clothing for paint application (PDF)
- Garment Selection Guide (PDF)
- Biological Protection Guide (PDF)
- Contamination Control Guide (PDF)
- Working in Ex-Zones (PDF)
- PPE for Nuclear Industry (PDF)
- Protection against Infection (PDF)
- Protective Clothing for Automotive Paint Application (PDF)
- Protective Clothing for the Food Industry (PDF)
- Protective Clothing for the Oil and Gas Industry (PDF)
- Protection against H1N1 (PDF)
- Protection against Avian Flu (PDF)
- Protective Clothing for the Agricultural Industry (PDF)
- DuPont™ Tyvek® provides a legacy of protection at Severfield Reeve
UKAEA protective clothing developed with DuPont
UKAEA uses DuPont Personal Protection expertise to provide a solution for its specific protective clothing needs.
Ledoux & Tyvek® Coveralls
Purchasing Managers from the French Groupe Ledoux explain why they selected Tyvek® coveralls to protect their workforce.
How Holcim Cement Workers Switched to Tyvek® Coverall
Cement production employees at Holcim AG have switched from disposable SMS garments to DuPontTM TYVEK® chemical protective garments.
DuPont Trains Fleet Street News Crews in Biohazard Protection
DuPont trains Fleet Street broadcasting and print media news teams for the possibility of a flu pandemic or other biohazard emergency.
Boat builder Bénéteau protects its employees with DuPont™ Tyvek®
DuPont™ Tyvek® helps provide shipyard employees at Bénéteau with reliable and effective protection from water and dry particle-based chemicals.
Luna Rossa uses Tyvek® Coveralls from DuPont
LUNA ROSSA yacht builders select DuPont™ Tyvek® coveralls to help protect them from potentially harmful substances during boat construction.
Crime Scene Protection with DuPont Tyvek®
For over 40 years, DuPont has worked with emergency services the world over to help provide protective clothing solutions, e.g. at crime scenes.
Information & Ideas
Cleanroom Protection with Tyvek® Protective Apparel
Contamination protection for products and processes in cleanrooms requires effective particle barrier clothing, while personal protection from hazardous substances requires an effective defence against biological and chemical substances. Tyvek® protective apparel covers such cleanroom protection needs very well.
- Because Tyvek® Makes the Difference
Safety and More = DuPont PPE Products
DuPont provides excellent garments for workers that may be exposed to a multitude of chemical hazards and helps customers to address their needs. Precisely understanding work-related hazards assists safety managers in making their selection from a wide range of PPE products.
Donning and Doffing
Learn more about the correct procedures for the donning and doffing of personal protective coveralls.
- Virus hunters search for the next deadly disease outbreak wearing Tyvek® coveralls
DuPont Guide on Personal Chemical Protection
Workers can be exposed to a multitude of hazards, from chemicals, dusts, radioactive particles, fibres, dioxins and lubricants, to biological and phytosanitary substances. DuPont assists safety managers in making their PPE selection and provides excellent chemical protective garments.
- Chemical Protection - considerations for PPE when handling hazardous chemicals
Excellent Permeation Resistance to Chemicals
Independent tests confirm that protective clothing made of DuPont™ Tyvek® provides excellent permeation resistance to chemicals.
Cytostatic Contamination Protection with Tyvek® and Tychem®
In addition to providing product protection, Tyvek® and Tychem® also meet the requirements of Category III for personal protection from chemicals.
Choosing the Correct Type 4 Chemical Protective Coverall
Online training provided by DuPont Personal Protection to assist you in choosing your Type 4 chemical protective coverall.
DuPont Guide on Chemical Risk Assessment
There are multiple protection needs to consider when choosing chemical protective garments. Performing a thorough workplace risk assessment is essential to selecting safe, comfortable and compliant chemical protective clothing for industrial workers.
Uses and Applications
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Oil and Gas Personal Protective Equipment
- Personal Protection in Agriculture
- Bodyshop - Personal Protective Equipment
- Personal Protection in the Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
- Chemical and Biological Hazard Protection
- Chemical Protection for Military and Police
- Paint Personal Protective Equipment
- Nuclear Protective Clothing
- Food Processing Personal Protective Equipment