Reducing the Risks: Chemical Protective Clothing
Sometimes, the biggest threats to worker safety are the ones you can’t see. That’s why DuPont develops innovative chemical protective clothing that helps protect wearers from dangerous vapours, liquids and particles.
With three powerful brands and a wide range of garments and accessories, DuPont offers a proven, cost-effective garment solution for almost every chemical protective clothing application.
DuPont™ Tyvek® coveralls are popular across a wide range of industries, where they help provide reliable protection against a broad range of hazards including lead, asbestos, mould or light splashes of water-based chemicals in low concentration. They also protect sensitive processes from contamination from humans, are extremely low-linting and silicon-free.
DuPont™ Tychem® garments help provide protection from chemical and biological hazards. The Tychem® range has been independently permeation-tested with over 180 chemicals.
DuPont™ ProShield® garments are engineered for applications that require lower levels of protection. Recently DuPont has introduced ProShield® FR, a limited-flame-spread coverall designed as a disposable overgarment that helps protect primary flame-resistant clothing worn underneath.
DuPont™ SafeSPEC™ helps you find the right protective garment and provides permeation data of all the garments.
Uses and Applications
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Protective Apparel for Pharmaceutical Industry
- Oil and Gas Personal Protective Equipment
- Chemical and Biological Hazard Protection
- Personal Protection in Agriculture
- Personal Protection in the Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
- Chemical Protection for Military and Police
- Food Processing Personal Protective Equipment
- Cleanroom Applications
- Bodyshop - Personal Protective Equipment
- Nuclear Protective Clothing
- Paint Personal Protective Equipment
- SNCF collaborates with DuPont to develop innovative disposable coveralls to protect railway maintenance workers
- Merck protecting staff with new DuPont™ Tychem® 6000 F FaceSeal chemical protective garment
- Cheers DuPont! Malteurop toasts a better approach to worker safety
- Energiewerke Nord GmbH has been relying on protective coveralls made from DuPont™ Tyvek® for over ten years
At Toulouse-Blagnac, AIRBUS uses DuPont Tyvek®/Tychem® coveralls to help protect workers during paint spraying, aircraft maintenance and inspections.
- DuPont™ Tyvek® provides a legacy of protection at Severfield Reeve
- Protecting workers at Severfield steelworks is no sweat with DuPont™ Tyvek®
- DuPont garments protect sanitation workers from multiple safety risks
Ledoux & Tyvek® Coveralls
Purchasing Managers from the French Groupe Ledoux explain why they selected Tyvek® coveralls to protect their workforce.
Crime Scene Protection with DuPont Tyvek®
For over 40 years, DuPont has worked with emergency services the world over to help provide protective clothing solutions, e.g. at crime scenes.
Altona Ambulance Service Uses Tychem® F to Protect from Pathogens
Altona Ambulance Service turns to Tychem® F as a bio-barrier against highly contagious pathogens.
UKAEA protective clothing developed with DuPont
UKAEA uses DuPont Personal Protection expertise to provide a solution for its specific protective clothing needs.
Information & Ideas
- The Tychem® difference
Cleanroom Protection with Tyvek® Protective Apparel
Contamination protection for products and processes in cleanrooms requires effective particle barrier clothing, while personal protection from hazardous substances requires an effective defence against biological and chemical substances. Tyvek® protective apparel covers such cleanroom protection needs very well.
- Because Tyvek® Makes the Difference
Safety and More = DuPont PPE Products
DuPont provides excellent garments for workers that may be exposed to a multitude of chemical hazards and helps customers to address their needs. Precisely understanding work-related hazards assists safety managers in making their selection from a wide range of PPE products.
Donning and Doffing
Learn more about the correct procedures for the donning and doffing of personal protective coveralls.
- Virus hunters search for the next deadly disease outbreak wearing Tyvek® coveralls
Working Safely in Potentially Explosive Areas
Learn why protective equipment needs to be certified for use in potentially explosive atmospheres, or “Ex-zones”, and how DuPont™ Tyvek® and DuPont™ Tychem® can help protect workers in these zones.
Planning for large-scale clean-ups
A clean-up operation can take many forms and it is this need for readiness against a multitude of possible events that presents one of the biggest challenges to the emergency planner.
Environmental Emergency and Other Large Scale Clean-ups
Environmental disasters and emergencies can be either man-made or the result of natural phenomena but in either case they almost invariably necessitate a rapid and effective response if the human and environmental impacts are to be mitigated and rectified.
- Chemical Protection - considerations for PPE when handling hazardous chemicals
Excellent Permeation Resistance to Chemicals
Independent tests confirm that protective clothing made of DuPont™ Tyvek® provides excellent permeation resistance to chemicals.
Cytostatic Contamination Protection with Tyvek® and Tychem®
In addition to providing product protection, Tyvek® and Tychem® also meet the requirements of Category III for personal protection from chemicals.