Our end-to-end, global design and development expertise and broad product portfolio lead to innovative, cost-effective packaging solutions.
DuPont collaborates with equipment manufacturers, converters, brand owners and retailers to develop application-specific packaging solutions. Our packaging technologies range from packaging resins and sealants to anti-counterfeit solutions, non-woven substrates, and grease-resistant coatings.
Key benefits of DuPont packaging solutions include: seal integrity across a broad range of temperatures and difficult conditions, controlled adhesion for peelable seals, bonding dissimilar materials, microbial barriers that maintain sterility, and barrier resin properties that preserve freshness and extend shelf life.
Our end-to-end approach helps customers create cost-effective, high-performance packaging that meets consumer demand for safe products that reduce waste.
Information & Ideas
- Tyvek® vs. Medical-Grade Papers
- Proven Microbial Barrier Protection
- Tyvek® Plays Role in HAI Prevention
- Sustainability in Healthcare Packaging
- Medical Packaging Design Essentials
- Start Sterile, Stay Sterile
Tyvek® Retains Sterility after Aging
After terminal sterilization, Tyvek® can maintain the sterility of medical devices for at least five years, enhancing the sustainability of a medical product because it can be stored for long periods with no need to re-sterilize or re-package.
- Low Lint Means Reduced Risk
- Low Risk of Device Contamination
Meeting Regulatory Requirements
DuPont™ Tyvek® medical and pharmaceutical packaging styles comply with the materials portion of ISO 11607-1:2006(R)2010 and meet all the acceptable performance criteria for bio-compatibility and other regulatory requirements.
- Measuring Properties of Tyvek®
- Tyvek® Resists Punctures
Uses and Applications
- Lidstock for Thermoformed Trays
- Tyvek® for Steam Sterilizable Bags
- Protective, Clean Peel Pouches
- Tyvek® Roll Stock for Form-Fill-Seal
- Syringe Packaging with Tyvek®
- Custom Medical Packaging Solutions
- Active Materials Packaging
- Food Packaging
- Protective Covers
- Electronics Packaging
- Industrial Bags and Sacks
- Tyvek® Medical Packaging Transition