Better, Stronger and Safer with Kevlar® Fiber
It’s about daring bigger, pushing limits, being courageous, and helping keep people safe —DuPont™ Kevlar®.
DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber allows people to Dare Bigger. It’s used to make a variety of clothing, accessories, and equipment safe and cut resistant. It’s lightweight, durable and extraordinarily strong. Yes, it’s best known for its use in ballistic and stab-resistant body armor, as Kevlar® brand aramid fiber continues to evolve and allow heroes to be heroes. But it’s also on the ski slopes, the switchback trails, in demanding desert terrain, even the outer limits of space.
Invented almost 50 years ago, DuPont™ Kevlar® continues to take on new challenges, with our scientists continuously innovating and working on a range of new opportunities through collaborations with communities, industrial manufacturers, and governments. Together we’re bringing the strength, durability and performance of Kevlar® to new frontiers. Kevlar® aramid fiber is pushing boundaries and defying obstacles every day. Kevlar® is allowing everyone to Dare Bigger™.
- DuPont Announces Millionth Vest Made with DuPont™ Kevlar® XP™
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Sponsors ESPN’s X Games Austin 2015
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks off 50th Anniversary
- DuPont and Reebok Collaborate on New Reebok CrossFit® Collection
U.S. Federal Court Issues Order for Kolon to Cease Manufacture of Heracron® Aramid Fiber for 20 Years
DuPont issued a statement after a ruling by the U.S. Federal Court in Richmond, Va., ordering Kolon Industries to stop producing and selling their Heracron® aramid fiber.
- DuPont Protection Technologies and adidas Sign Trademark License Agreement
- Kevlar® Is Not Just About Yellow
Uses and Applications
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Marine Composites
- Reebok® Crossfit® Gear made with Kevlar®
- Ballistic Helmets
- Vehicle Armour
- Military Body Armour
- Automotive Components
- Automotive Hoses
- Consumer Products made with Kevlar®
- Safe and durable protective motorcycle apparel
- Conveyor Belts for Mining
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- High Performing Fibre Optic Cables with Kevlar®
- Kevlar® Fibers
- Kevlar® Cut Technology
- Kevlar® AP
- Kevlar® Aramid Pulp
- Kevlar® KM2® Plus
- Kevlar® Engineered Elastomer
Kevlar® Thermal Protection Products Gloves & Sleeves
For hot surface contact hazards present in metal and glass forming foundries, DuPont created terry cloth made of Kevlar® fibre for use in heat-resistant gloves. Heavyweight gloves and mitts composed of 100% Kevlar® terry cloth and Kevlar® blends help offer a high level of protection for high-heat applications.
- DuPont Cooper River Case Study
- DuPont Cooper River Case Study
New Search & Rescue Safety Glove from SEIZ
60,000 members of THW Technisches Hilfswerk (German Urban Search and Rescue Association) are better protected thanks to the new safety glove manufactured by SEIZ that incorporates DuPont™ Kevlar® and DuPont™ Nomex® fibres.
Fuel Hose & Tubing Solutions
Products from DuPont, including DuPont™ Viton®, DuPont™ Teflon®, DuPont™ Kevlar®, and DuPont™ Hypalon®, help improve F200 fuel hose and tubing performance, for proven gains in permeation resistance in automobiles.
Case Study: Cooling System Hoses
DuPont™ Vamac® and DuPont™ Kevlar® work together to help create cooling system hoses with exceptional strength, chemical resistance, and durability in automobiles.