Higher Performing Powertrain & Engine System Components
The drive to reduce emissions and improve fuel economy is urgent, making every powertrain and engine system component a candidate to improve efficiency, integrate function, reduce weight and lower cost – areas where DuPont excels.
Materials play a critical role in helping to reduce emissions, boost fuel economy and improve efficiency in powertrain technologies. DuPont offers the broadest portfolio of materials capable of withstanding today’s harsh engine environments and the most experienced and global development staff to ensure solutions developed today are on the road tomorrow.
- Increasing performance in automotive air ducts and turbocharger hoses
- Leading the metals-to-plastics revolution in transmissions and driveline
- Enhanced durability for extreme environments for sealed engine covers
- Improving powertrain efficiency in charged air coolers
- Thermal management through lighter weight engine cooling systems
Information & Ideas
- Boost Automotive Performance
- Materials for Turbochargers
Technology that boosts efficiency, while reducing the size of gas and diesel engines, is the main route to lower emissions and improved fuel economy.
Heat Resistant Plastics
DuPont offers a wide range of heat resistant plastics to replace metal, ceramics and other polymers in uses from automotive engines to oil and gas production.
- Polymer Properties Guide
- Air Duct Made of DuPont™ Hytrel®
- Automotive Thermal Management
- Bonded Piston Seals for Modern Engines
- Vamac® Grade Selection
- Jounce Bumper made of DuPont™ Hytrel®
- Acoustic Engine Cover
- Withstanding Hotter Running Engine